Our European Citizens’ Initiative (ECI) “Save the bees!
Protecting biodiversity and improving the habitats of insects in Europe” joined forces with a very similar ECI called “Save Bees and Farmers”. You can find more informations for the ECI „Save Bees and Farmers“ here: https://www.savebeesandfarmers.eu/
We are extremely grateful for your support so far and ask for your understanding. Thanks to the 1.2 million people that signed the new ECI! We hope, with your help, and in cooperation with the originators of “Save Bees and Farmers”, to rescue the wonderful biodiversity in Europe.
Your “Wesavebees” Team
We need insects for our ecosystems as well as for securing our diet.
The Commission must legislate to preserve and improve insect habitats as indicators of an intact environment.
To demonstrably improve the natural basis of life, we demand binding goals:
- to make the promotion of biodiversity the overall objective of the CAP;
- to drastically reduce the use of pesticides, ban dangerous pesticides without exception and reform approval criteria;
- to promote the structural diversity in agricultural landscapes;
- to effectively reduce nutrient inputs (e.g., Natura 2000);
- to effectively establish protected areas (e.g., WFD);
- to intensify research and monitoring and improve education.